Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sick boy...


Poor Jordan....he has been complaining of his throat hurting for 3 days. He missed his football game last night because his headache was so awful that he just came home from school and slept. Unfortunately mom and dad drove all the way down here to see his game, but apparently he had good reason not to feel well. He got up this morning trying not to go to school so I had him get up, try to eat something, get something to drink, take some ibuprofen and he really just wasn't well. Had a fever too. So...I got him an appointment, put in for a sub, ran into work and wrote out sub plans till 1. We were at the doctor so long I almost didn't make it to work on time!!! (though I did get my flu shot, they wouldn't give one to him with a fever) I did run to Costco, he wanted pizza from Costco which I don't think he was able to finish because it hurt his throat but it tasted soooo good to him. Anyway, still not feeling well, resting on the couch. He doesn't mind watching TV till his brain turns to mush, but you can tell he doesn't feel well. I am off to his open house at his school and hopefully get some of his homework so he doesn't get too far behind. This could get ugly. And he was chosen for the ball boy for the Kentwood game Friday night in Auburn so I have an email into his coach asking if he can reschedule it...Jordan tried to reason with me....it will have been 24 hours of antibiotics by the time 7 pm rolls around, game time...but I told him it was not going to work that way if he didn't go to school on Friday, (and the doctor specifically told us no school today or tomorrow) we would have to reschedule and give someone else a chance this time...funny boy. Priorities, I tell ya. Anyway, hoping he feels better soon...

No comments: