Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bike ride to Fort Casey

 Mom and I drove to Admirals Cove and rode out the pool to meet Aimee and Bree (who rode from their house) and Christi and Katie (who rode from theirs)

 So disappointed.  Considering my hasn't been used an awful lot, granted, only been tuned up once it's life...I have problems with it changing gears when it feels like it (usually when going up a steep hard hill and it slips gears and unfortunately...end in a harder gear)  Well, I was telling mom, my pedal felt bent, and was blaming the kids for throwing it down in the shed and bending the pedal.  Then, halfway through our ride, my whole pedal shaft thingy bobber came completely off.  So, I tried to ride one footed for awhile, it is harder than it looks....and then mom (aka McGyver) had some tools and we had to stop every so often and tighten it up.  I thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing so hard.  Oh my goodness!  We made it to the pool to go to the beach and watch swim lessons, and...made it back safely.  Now, for that tune up.....took it to a place in Mt. Vernon to get a new tube and it was so reasonably priced, and they were super quick.  Think I will try to take it up there for a tune up.

 Ft. Casey Beach

 Found a fort.

 Another fort

 Katie stood on the big rock and was getting splashed by the waves.


 Katie at swim lessons.


No comments: