Monday, April 11, 2011

Whidbey Half Marathon

Mom, Christi and I after we finished. It was windy and bitter cold. That was a huge downfall of this race. I really did prefer the course when it went to Coupeville, don't much care for the down and back at the base this new course...at all. But...we did it. We wogged it. Mom and I. Christi jogged mostly I believe. Robert ran it and Aimee and Jolene ran the full marathon!! (crazies)

Interesting. I hope Christi stopped long enough to actually use this....and was not in motion while using....mom and I managed to avoid the port a potties somehow this run.

Mom and I on the down and back by the base...that we hated. I didn't have my camera so I just stole Christi's pictures from hers. Thanks :-)

Us before the race...

Christi on the course.


Aim and Jolene finishing. Poor Jolene, with 6 miles left, her toenail popped off her nail bed. Just bent back. I can't even imagine her pain! I've had my share of toe problems and I am very very impressed she actually finished the race. That is dedication for ya!!!! Way to go ladies!!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Tanya said...

Awesome job to all of you! What another great accomplishment and you had such great times too. Nice job.

Barbi Ford said...

thank you :-)