Friday, June 29, 2012

River Rafting!!!!

 We all got checked in and fitted for our wet suits.   Let's just say, wet suits are NOT my friend.  NOT!  My calfzilla's were NOT happy, nor was the rest of my body being sausaged in that stupid thing on that hot hot day and it just made me mad.  However, boy was I glad to have had one on when we got in the water.

 Then we all loaded on the (short) bus for our little bus ride up the river.  Maybe 20 minutes or so and the guides unloaded the rafts.

They had a really nice set up.
 
 We went down the Payette River's South Fork with class 3 and 4 rapids.  Our guide was Kevin and it really was such a fun thing.  Looking at it now and thinking about it before hand, freaks me out way more than I felt on the water!  You actually sit on the edge of the boat and kinda jam your leg under a stabilizer thingy in the middle to keep you in the boat, and let me tell you....my leg would have had to have broken off at the knee for me to have fallen out of that boat, I had it jammed in so far.  We got jostled and freezing cold water in our faces but at no time did I feel in danger or anything.  It really was fun!!!  What a great idea.  I tell you...David is the best travel agent, date maker!  He thinks of the funnest things!  Since I didn't have a water proof camera, this is the only picture we have of us from that day.  I am in the neon shirt.  David is the handsome, muscley one behind me!

No comments: